Scope & content
The Ernst Studio Collection is comprised of over 600 photographs of Newport, taken by members of the Ernst Family, while operating Ernst Studio. The Ernst Studio operated in Newport between 1909 and 1965, and was located at 126 Bellevue Avenue. The collection includes images of Newport residents, estates, weddings, high school graduating classes, the police and fire departments, religious orders, coastal scenery, hurricane damage, and sailboats. The Preservation Society acquired this collection of photographs in order to preserve a visual record of Newport’s citizens, buildings, and scenery.
This collection has been fully digitized and is available for viewing online at newportalri.org